2011年12月9日星期五

from the moment you leave this campus

from the moment you leave this campus, you will be tested. You will be tested because you won't fit some people's pre-conceived notions or stereotypes of what you're supposed to be, of who you're supposed to be. People will have stereotypes of what you can or can't do, of what you will or won't do, of what you should or shouldn't do. But they only have power over you if you let them have power over you. They can only have control if you let them have control, if you give up what's inside.I speak from experience. I've been there. I've been there, in admittedly(公认地,明白地) vastly different ways -- and in many ways, in the fears in my heart, exactly the same places. The truth is I've struggled to have that sense of control since the day I left college.I was afraid the day I graduated from college. I was afraid of what people would think. Afraid I couldn't measure up(合格,符合标准) . I was afraid of making the wrong choices. I was afraid of disappointing the people who had worked so hard to send me to college.

没有评论:

发表评论